Definición de sore en inglés:
- My whole body was sore and my legs ached as I made my way to the cafeteria.
- By Tuesday, your throat is sore, your joints ache and you feel lousy.
- I mean headache, sore throat, muscle ache, stomachache, fever, and all that good stuff.
- The landing stunned me and I was really sore and in pain.
- Either way, never use more weight than you can handle with perfect form, and slow down if you feel pain during a workout or are especially sore or stiff the next day.
- I'm already so sore inside that a little pain outside might actually be welcome, to create some equilibrium.
- Kamaria glowered, still sore at having not noticed Link's talent sooner and angry at Linden for agreeing with him.
- The Pacific Islander community is surely sore at being left out.
- Bear and Tiger became my friend but falcon was still sore at me for nearly killing him the first time we meet in the master's house.
- He said the annual extravaganza, held in Aberystwyth, was in sore need of funds.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- He was lean and muscular, but painful scars and sores ran across his body like tattoos.
- A mouth ulcer is a painful sore in the mouth on either the cheeks or gums.
- Painful spots or blisters turn into open sores, which scab over and heal.
- It was a nasty game where old sores festered and attempts were made to settle long standing bitterness.
- The Secretary argued that the reopening of all these old sores would benefit none but Germany.
- The traditionalists of the discontinuant left keep scratching the same old sores.
adverbioarchaic Volver al principio
- The eclipse started, the natives were sore afraid, and Columbus eventually agreed to ‘return the Moon’ in return for food.
- And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.
- And such men were sore afraid for the sons of Kahn.
- 1sore point
- An issue about which someone feels distressed or annoyed and which it is therefore advisable to avoid raising with them.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Another issue that constitutes a sore point in international criminal proceedings is the media coverage of the detention and trial of the accused.
- American carriers, always a sore point for the enemy since the ships had escaped the devastating attack on Pearl Harbor, were the prime targets in the Philippine invasion.
- She knew that had always been a sore point between them.
- 2stand (or stick) out like a sore thumb
- Be very obviously different from the surrounding people or things: you stick out like a sore thumb in that ghastly uniformMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The café was busy and loud, if people took the time to notice, we stood out like a sore thumb.
- The centre has stuck out like a sore thumb for many, many years and at last something is being done.
- The Times said that the theft was clearly the work of ‘a suspect, a scientist [who] stuck out like a sore thumb.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There was some soreness and discomfort at first, but nothing like what she expected and the operation left only a tiny scar.
- He suffered several small cuts to the top of his head, discomfort and soreness.
- You might feel soreness, a slight discomfort, or a bit weary, but you should not feel pain.
Old English sār (noun and adjective), sāre (adverb), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch zeer 'sore' and German sehr 'very'. The original sense was 'causing intense pain, grievous', whence the adverbial use.
Palabras que riman con soreabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.