Definición de sou en inglés:
1A former French coin of low value.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most impressive breakthrough in this period was nevertheless made by Le Petit Journal, a Parisian daily of tabloid size, launched in 1863, and selling for one sou.
- Both appear to have been financially respectable, but hardly wealthy, paying between 50 sous and three livres per year in tailles.
- Van Gogh bought colourful woodblock prints for a few sous a pile from Père Tanguy, his paint supplier in Paris.
1.1 [usually with negative] informal A very small amount of money: he didn’t have a sou
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even though we did not have two sous to rub together, we just knew it was going to be our home.
- With a bedridden child and dying wife, he described his desperate situation to art critic Théodore Duret: ‘I am sitting here literally without a sou.’
- When the going gets tough, a Frenchman may have holes in his shoes, but will spend his last sou on a fine, nutritionally excellent, meal.
Palabras que riman con souaccrue, adieu, ado, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, ballyhoo, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, boohoo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lasso, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, nardoo, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wahoo, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
Definición de sou en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India