- The partial representation of the sense of a word by its sound, as in bang, fizz, and slide. See also onomatopoeia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Etymologists are very aware of the part played by onomatopoeia and sound symbolism in creating new words.
- Thus, the sound of words may be directly onomatopoeic or may give a less overt effect of sound symbolism.
- This research forms part of renewed research into the role that sound symbolism plays in language evolution.
Más definiciones de sound symbolismDefinición de sound symbolism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.