- 1A board or screen placed over or behind a pulpit or stage to reflect a speaker’s voice forward.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The original garland was hung on the sounding board of the pulpit, but the present garland now hangs on the church wall in the north-west corner of the Nave.
- It represents the most lavish use of rosewood veneer known on any Charleston surface with the exception of the sounding board of Saint Michael's pulpit, which dates from around 1760.
- A sounding board on the ceiling at Notre Dame Basilica is at the root of a major local mystery.
- 1.1 another term for soundboard.
- 2A person or group whose reactions to suggested ideas are used as a test of their validity or likely success before they are made public: friends are sounding boards who let you know how far you can goMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The mentorship matches a budding entrepreneur with a successful businesswoman who shares her experience of entrepreneurship, acts as a sounding board for ideas, suggests ways to solve problems, encourages and advises.
- Bench coaches exist primarily to help managers, reducing their workloads, acting as their sounding boards, suggesting in-game strategies.
- We are looking for some volunteers to act as a sounding board when we want to test new ideas, products, or services, and to collect more feedback on existing products and services.
- 2.1A channel through which ideas are disseminated: neighbourhood councils provide a sounding board for local opinionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It has served for more than thirty years as a unifying news portal, providing a communication medium and a sounding board for Canadian geoscientists.
- We also hope to connect local communities by providing a space and sounding board for existing social relationships.
- The chance to publish freely to the online community provides another sounding board for disgruntled, negligent or even malicious members of staff.
Más definiciones de sounding boardDefinición de sounding board en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.