- A weighted line with distances marked off at regular intervals, used to measure the depth of water under a boat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Eventually the Scientifics were able to predict, with a fair degree of accuracy, the nature of the bottom sediment merely by observing the depth at which the sounding line stopped paying out.
- They had to be content with their sounding lines of piano wire.
- Two years later, on the other side of the world, their sounding lines revealed a chasm in the western Pacific more than five miles deep.
Más definiciones de sounding lineDefinición de sounding line en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.