- A rod used to measure the depth of water under a boat or in a ship’s hold or other container.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said that he would be surprised if Mr Philips did not look into the forepeak tank, or check the cargo sounding rod which would have satisfied him that her cargo tanks were empty.
- Sonar and sounding rods are relatively inexpensive and simple devices, but each has its own limitations.
- If you are using a sounding rod, sound the tank every 3 or 4 minutes until it is nearly three-fourths full.
Más definiciones de sounding rodDefinición de sounding rod en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.