Definición de source rock en inglés:
1A rock formation from which later sediments are derived or in which a particular mineral originates.
- The geometry or shape of individual grains appears to be a property inherited from the original crystals of the silicate minerals in the source rock.
- Because the quartzitic gravels and progenitor source rock are notably heterogeneous, the resultant fulgurite glass likewise is demonstrably variable, as seen by the range of colors, textures, and swirled banding.
- It has been suggested that fluvial and lacustrine source rocks were locally deposited in grabens created along the transtensional edges of these rotating microcontinental blocks.
1.1A sediment containing sufficient organic matter to be a future source of hydrocarbons.
- However, permeability barriers may also inhibit the migration of oil and gas from the source rock to the hydrocarbon reservoir.
- The lower limit of intermediate-burial diagenetic settings, and thereby the upper limit of deep-burial diagenetic settings, is defined as the top of the liquid oil window in hydrocarbon source rocks.
- The Ara Group has a high hydrocarbon potential and contains carbonate reservoirs, organic-rich carbonate and shale source rocks and evaporite seals.
Definición de source rock en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan