- 1Distance travelled or measured southward, especially at sea: the object of all vessels using this route is to get sufficient southing off the coast to beat around the Horn despite the violent windsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Peter's been to the Faroes, we've been to the Orkneys and Iain, with various crew, has been making his southings down the West Coast visiting his old haunts.
- 1.1 [count noun] A figure or line representing southward distance on a map.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We've come to the exact co-ordinates given on the Internet, as a southing and an easting to the metre, to a spot out on a wall looking over Botany Bay with the clues that the cache is somewhere in this rockpile.
Más definiciones de southingDefinición de southing en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.