sustantivo (plural sovereignties)[mass noun]
- 1Supreme power or authority: the sovereignty of ParliamentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was more than a legitimisation of sovereignty by Brahmanical ritual; it was an assertion of supreme sovereignty.
- Here was the judicial reconciliation of Parliamentary sovereignty with the supremacy of EC law.
- His life and his death taught all those that knew him of God's wisdom, grace, sovereignty and power.
- 1.1The authority of a state to govern itself or another state: national sovereigntyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1657 Frederick William, Elector of Brandenburg, gained full sovereignty over the duchy.
- The treaty grants Britain sovereignty over the sites in perpetuity.
- Neither Spain nor Guatemala ever exercised effective sovereignty over the area.
- 1.2 [count noun] A self-governing state.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Is ‘confederation’ just another word for two independent sovereignties talking to each other to coordinate, where possible, policy objectives and implementation?
- It was not the supersession of one or several sovereignties by a single sovereignty, but a division and sharing of sovereignty.
- Fifteen sovereignties cannot a foreign or military policy make, even though, were they to federate into one sovereignty, they could exert power equal to that of the United States.
late Middle English: from Old French sovereinete, from soverain (see sovereign).