sustantivo (plural speakeasies)• informal
- (In the US during Prohibition) an illicit liquor shop or drinking club.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Speakeasies flourished and bootleg liquor flowed freely in many municipalities.
- It was once a speakeasy and just before prohibition was repealed a bunch of boozers were massacred by cops during a raid.
- The popular conception of Prohibition is that speakeasies abounded, gangsters and bootleggers of all sorts flourished, and every American gladly flouted the law.
Más definiciones de speakeasyDefinición de speakeasy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.