- 1Concentrate on and become expert in a particular subject or skill: he could specialize in tropical medicineMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You can specialize in computer skills.
- Men frequently specialize in agriculture-related subjects.
- The other team members have a number of skills they specialize in.
- 1.1Confine oneself to providing a particular product or service: the firm specialized in commercial brochuresMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is an online service that specialized in printing and designing birth announcements.
- It is expected that after an investment boost it will become specialized in TV production.
- It was an old established facility that specialized in caring for Servicemen.
- 1.3 [with object] Biology Adapt or set apart (an organ or part) to serve a special function or to suit a particular way of life: zooids specialized for different functionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Fender's blue larvae have specialized glands that produce secretions rich in carbohydrates and amino acids that ants use as food.
- Both people and papayas have specialized chromosomes that carry genes that determine the gender of their offspring.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a wide choice of subject specializations at the highest levels of the school.
- We have to submit a thesis related to our proposed area of specialization.
- In our department, they encourage continuing education and specialization in a scientific field of choice.
early 17th century: from French spécialiser, from spécial 'special'.
Más definiciones de specializeDefinición de specialize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.