- Her purse jingled as she rummaged through it before removing a single handkerchief, rosy pink with white speckles, and dabbing her tweaked brow.
- The water was spreading over the floor, speckles of white sticking to the floor.
- The tiniest speckles of blood still littered the ground at his feet, hardly visible, but there all the same.
- They are soft brown in colour and speckled like an egg.
- They mournfully gazed at the empty floor that was earlier that day full of brown eggs speckled with grey spots.
- It was a strange coloured little creature, speckled brown like tortoiseshell.
Late Middle English (as a noun): from Middle Dutch spekkel; the verb (late 16th century) from the noun or a back-formation from speckled.
Palabras que riman con speckledeckle, freckle, heckle, Jekyll, shekel
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: speckle
Definición de speckle en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.