Definición de sperm whale en inglés:
A toothed whale with a massive head, typically feeding at great depths on squid, formerly valued for the spermaceti and sperm oil in its head and the ambergris in its intestines.
- Family Physeteridae: two genera and three species, in particular the very large Physeter macrocephalus (also called cachalot)
- This anatomical quirk occurs only in toothed whales - including the sperm whale, narwhal, orca, and porpoise - and it helps explain an old maritime mystery.
- ‘He must know we have the paparazzi on board,’ muses Lisa Steiner as the massive bulk of a sperm whale cruises gracefully across the bow of our boat.
- The sperm whale, a toothed mammal whose lower jaw resembles a vast surfboard with peaked crenellations at its edges, has been found at 3000 metres.
mid 19th century: sperm, abbreviation of spermaceti.
Definición de sperm whale en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan