sustantivo (plural spermatogonia /ˌspəːmətə(ʊ)ˈɡəʊnɪə/ /spəˌmatə(ʊ)ˈɡəʊnɪə/)Biology
A cell produced at an early stage in the formation of spermatozoa, formed in the wall of a seminiferous tubule and giving rise by mitosis to spermatocytes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In severely degenerated tubules, only spermatogonia and Sertoli cells were observed, and pachytene spermatocytes sloughing into the lumen were observed.
- The primitive germinal cells are the spermatogonia, which lie peripherally in the tubule wall, outside the barrier of Sertoli cell junctions.
- In the testis, these cells are termed the spermatogonia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because they can now grow spermatogonial stem cells in culture, researchers have a ready source of cells that they could manipulate genetically, explained the study's senior author.
- A maximum of 50 offspring were tested from each ENU-treated male to prevent the recovery of identical mutations from the limited population of spermatogonial stem cells.
- At the apical end of the testes, stem cells divide to produce a spermatogonial cell that undergoes four rounds of mitosis to produce 16 primary spermatocytes.
Definición de spermatogonium en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda