Definición de spheroid en inglés:
1A sphere-like but not perfectly spherical body.
- A remarkable feature of oligoamine-condensed DNA is the ability to assume condition-defined morphologies such as spheroids, toroids, and rods.
- Elliptical galaxies are three-dimensional objects that range from spheres to elongated spheroids like footballs.
- A chemical engineer phoned to tell me that he had spotted a spheroid or fat football with rounded ends flying over on the evening of August 28, 2002.
1.1A solid generated by a half-revolution of an ellipse about its major axis ( prolate spheroid) or minor axis ( oblate spheroid).
- To a good approximation, the geoid is an oblate spheroid whose major axis is about 0.3 per cent longer than the minor one.
- However, we are aware of no studies that have considered the motion of an ellipsoid or oblate spheroid near a plane wall under linear shear flow.
- The change in colour from cream-coloured to amber, and the change in shape from a prolate spheroid to an indented, prismatic solid, is typical for corn pollen during drying.
- Example sentences
- Similar results are obtained for more general spheroidal shapes such as ellipsoid.
- The adult ovary may present marked deviations from its typical form, sometimes being unusually long, spheroidal, flattened, triangular, crescentric, or otherwise irregular.
- All sound elements were cleaned and finished with modern paints; broken elements were replaced in cast spheroidal graphite iron to exactly the same sections as the originals.
- Example sentences
- This makes it possible to easily adjust the grain size and to produce ground materials having a spheroidicity which is best suited for use as a bulking agent for paper.
- For vertebrate lenses, measures of anterior and posterior spheroidicity are required because these lenses are asymmetrical, oblate spheroids.
Definición de spheroid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia