Definición de sphygmomanometer en inglés:
An instrument for measuring blood pressure, typically consisting of an inflatable rubber cuff which is applied to the arm and connected to a column of mercury next to a graduated scale, enabling the determination of systolic and diastolic blood pressure by increasing and gradually releasing the pressure in the cuff.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All sphygmomanometers had calibrated mercury columns and were of standard size.
- At each examination, the local investigators measured blood pressure once, using a mercury sphygmomanometer and with the patient sitting.
- Sitting blood pressure was measured by mercury sphygmomanometer after five minutes' rest.
- 1sphygmomanometry sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Heart rate, oxygen saturation, and blood pressure were recorded by electrocardiography, pulse oximetry, and sphygmomanometry, respectively.
- A total of 19 attending physicians were assessed for ability in measuring PP by sphygmomanometry and by palpation.
- Although it will be some years before any move is made to replace the millimetre of mercury, we must prepare for changes in clinical sphygmomanometry.
Definición de sphygmomanometer en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda