sustantivo(plural spiculae /-liː/) • technical
- 1A hard, pointed projection on part of a plant or animal; a spine or prickle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In certain genera with a simple spike this is clearly proved by the structure of the terminal flower or spicula.
- Others are barbed like the spicula of a bee's sting.
- The prickly ash is armed with spiculae, like the locust.
- 1.1A sharp-pointed crystalline structure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The spiculae of hoar frost were of all lengths, from an inch downward.
- The frozen moisture may fall in spiculae or crystals of ice.
- We have only to suppose, the particles which are employed in crystallization, to be endowed with a tendency to form spiculae.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, diminutive form of Latin spica 'spike'.