verbo[with object] (spiff someone/thing up) North American • informal
- Make someone or something attractive, smart, or stylish: he arrived all spiffed up in a dinner jacketMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The lounge was upgraded with a new stage, light and sound systems, while the theater received new fabrics to spiff it up.
- Joe spiffs himself up and heads with Pip to Miss Havisham's, where he is so intimidated by the old woman that every time she asks him a question, he directs his reply at Pip.
- In the process, the district itself has been spiffed up.
late 19th century: perhaps from dialect spiff 'well dressed'.
Más definiciones de spiffDefinición de spiff en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.