Definición de spigot en inglés:
1A small peg or plug, especially for insertion into the vent of a cask.
- The spigot stem had an annular cutting edge to cut a cylindrical plug out of the bung or stopper by twisting the spigot.
- In most of the designs, the tool is rotated to cut the hole and insert the spigot into the barrel in a single operation.
- When a doctor suggests implanting a ‘shunt’ to ease future operations, the patient is reluctant to have a spigot installed in his head.
2US A tap.
- To remove the washer, unplug the machine, turn off both water faucets and disconnect the water hoses from the faucets / spigots.
- He eliminated the traditional valve on the spigot and instead used a sliding bit as the gate.
- When the party's over, the vessels revert to soaking tubs (supplied by hot- and cold-water spigots nearby).
2.1A device for controlling the flow of liquid in a tap.
- The liquid entrance to the spigot is placed well back on the shaft.
- Finally, most of the water is stripped off the surface when the thread leaves the exit spigot, helping the spider to avoid water loss and making its thread even tougher.
- Better-engineered spigots prevent air from entering the bag when you fill your glass - the bag deflates like a balloon - so the wine stays fresh.
3The plain end of a section of a pipe fitting into the socket of the next one.
- I have done some plumbing, replacing outdoor spigots and sweating them back together.
- Hank had hooked up some hoses together using a spigot on the far side of the barn.
- But in colder parts of the country, unless you have frost-proof spigots, you'll still need to drain the pipes to prevent them from freezing over the winter.
Definición de spigot en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan