A machine for extracting water from wet clothes by spinning them in a revolving perforated drum.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- That job is left to the wardrobe department, aided by a couple of washing machines, a spin dryer and two tumble dryers, one of which is tall and cupboard like and on my visit contained a giant bright green furry ball.
- I loved to watch the water spilling from the pipe in the spin dryer back into the main wash.
- The wind buffets upwards; the effect is like being in a spin dryer and people coming out onto the platform say it reminds them of Kate Winslett on the bow of the Titanic.
spin-dryverbo (spin-dries, spin-drying, spin-dried)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- One afternoon, whilst spin-drying the sheets, she leaned forward and accidentally nudged the washing machine with her… um… front bottom.
- But I did a lot more fiddling, and eventually got the water out of the machine and the clothes rinsed and spin-dried.
- Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: spin dryer
Definición de spin dryer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda