- A predatory marine mollusc which has a shell that forms a long slender spiral with a narrow canal extending downwards from the aperture.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neptunea antiqua (family Buccinidae) of northern seas, and Fusinus and other genera (family Fasciolariidae) of tropical and temperate seas, class Gastropoda
- Commonly known as white spindle shells, the Fusinus Colus are usually found in shallow tropical waters.
- They have shells of about 1,500 species and harbor a particular interest in the Fusinus genus: spindle shells.
- In an amazing range of objects, from a quill, spindle shell and salmon to a hand and wing, these objects serve as both an affordable piece of art and a highly useable writing instrument.