sustantivo (plural spinneys)British
- A small area of trees and bushes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And think of the features that make our landscape so gorgeously English: the hedgerows, drystone walls and the shady copses and spinneys punctuating the expanses of green.
- To the back of the house is a wood, parkland and spinney.
- My mum and dad sold the old farmhouse to a young, retired businessman from the South, and built a new home in the old spinney.
late 16th century: shortening of Old French espinei, from an alteration of Latin spinetum 'thicket', from spina 'thorn'.
Más definiciones de spinneyDefinición de spinney en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.