- A galaxy in which the stars and gas clouds are concentrated mainly in one or more spiral arms.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new Whirlpool Galaxy image shows the spiral galaxy's classic features, from its curving arms, where newborn stars reside, to its yellowish central core that serves as home for older stars.
- Four years ago astronomers reported that the spiral galaxy 2.2 million light-years from Earth was inhaling two dwarf galaxies, M32 and NGC 205.
- Telltale patches of blue light are signs of the formation of millions of new stars in the tangled spiral galaxy NGC 7673.
Más definiciones de spiral galaxyDefinición de spiral galaxy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.