Definición de spiteful en inglés:
Showing or caused by malice: the teachers made spiteful little jokes about me
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mandela cheerfully served a prison sentence that would have left Jesus bitter and spiteful.
- The early exchanges were spiteful, nasty and never fully controlled by referee Lucilio Batista.
- I have an active dislike of her because she's either very stupid or deliberately, maliciously, spiteful.
malicious, mean, nasty, cruel, unkind, unfriendly, snide, hurtful, wounding, barbed, cutting, hateful, ill-natured, bitter, venomous, poisonous, acid, hostile, rancorous, malevolent, evil-intentioned, baleful, vindictive, vengeful, vitriolic, vicious, splenetic, malign, malignant, bilious;
- Example sentences
- The tabs noted that virtually an entire hour-long episode is dedicated to the consequences of a bowel movement that young Philip spitefully, desperately deposited on the desk of his village schoolteacher.
- While the Arab media mockingly and spitefully spread the news of this expected development, Iraqis were scratching their heads in confusion.
- I have zero tolerance of such behaviour and have been known to scowl as spitefully as I can at the perpetrators, especially if they make eye-contact with me, or, god forbid, smile at me.
- Example sentences
- ‘They were acting out of spitefulness and hatred’, said the plain-speaking Archbishop in an interview with our reporter.
- The love and respect my mother held for my father turned now to hatred and spitefulness.
- Absorbed by the character both physically and expressively she capably displays a repellent degree of manipulation and spitefulness and there is an almost diabolical edge to her performance.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan