A hybrid trout of North American lakes.
- Produced by crossing the speckled trout (S. fontinalis) with the lake trout (Salvelinus namaycush)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The brook trout's sperm has also been combined with the eggs of a lake trout which results in a splake, a fish that has been introduced into some of the North American Great Lakes.
- The resulting hybrid, known as a splake, supports intermediate features.
- Because the splake is a hatchery-produced hybrid, is does not occur naturally anywhere in the world.
1950s: blend of speckled and lake1.
Definición de splake en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.