Definición de splendid en inglés:
1Magnificent; very impressive: a splendid view of Windsor Castle his robes were splendid
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is only understandable that she should choose to have such a splendid and impressive nuptial.
- However, the legacy he has left is impressive and his many splendid works of fiction will endure for a very long time to come.
- Work up an appetite in the beautiful pool, or soak up splendid views of the North Sea coast.
magnificent, sumptuous, grand, impressive, imposing, superb, spectacular, resplendent, opulent, luxurious, palatial, deluxe, rich, fine, costly, expensive, lavish, ornate, gorgeous, glorious, dazzling, elegant, handsome, beautiful;
British informal swish
North American informal swank
distinguished, glorious, glittering, illustrious, remarkable, outstanding, exceptional, celebrated, renowned, famous, impressive, notable, noted, eminent, noble, lofty, venerable, exemplary
1.1 informal Excellent; very good: a splendid fellow [as exclamation]: ‘Is your family well? Splendid!’
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I have had the privilege of meeting Brendan, and he is a really nice chap, a splendid fellow.
- I have come with these splendid fellows whom I met at a Party to which I was invited.
- Now we have a swimming pool, a marvellous garden and a splendid folly.
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate
informal super, great, smashing, amazing, amazeballs, fantastic, terrific, tremendous, phenomenal, sensational, incredible, heavenly, stellar, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, awesome, magic, ace, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy, spanking
North American informal peachy, dandy, jim-dandy, neat, badass, boss, radical, rad, boffo, bully, bitching, bodacious
South African informal kif, lank
informal , dated groovy, divine
British informal , dated capital, champion, wizard, corking, ripping, cracking, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezer
North American informal , dated swell, keen
- Used to emphasize the isolation of a person or thing: the stone stands in splendid isolation near the moorland road[ late 19th century: first applied to the period of 1890–1907 when Britain pursued a policy of diplomatic and commercial non-involvement]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are here as a senior club in an area of splendid isolation in a sense.
- We preferred to decline in splendid isolation rather than prosper in a mundane community of Continentals under the Treaty of Rome which set up the European Economic Community.
- ‘It stands in splendid isolation,’ the tome says of an accomplishment deemed ‘the greatest single achievement in the long Rangers story’.
- [as submodifier]: a splendidly ornate styleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a splendidly illustrated and richly detailed book about an institution firmly rooted in the English tradition.
- The injection of tricks into this exaggerated style of b-ball works splendidly.
- He has produced not only an extremely readable account of Keynes's work but also a splendidly clear and succinct treatment of the major issues.
- Example sentences
- A happy-go-lucky soliloquy on the splendidness of breasts is illuminated with a veritable taxonomy of sweater puppets.
- Anyway, there's that load of splendidness and then the DVD ends with the video for Beautiful Stranger - in which she wears too much fake tan but it's likeable enough.
- Now that we got introductions out of the way, we will be on the road to splendidness together, I think.