1A person or thing occupied in or designed for splitting something: a log splitter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When it came time to test its first mango splitter, OXO identified the most common varieties of mango sold in the United States and designed the splitter accordingly.
- Malone Engineering currently produces post drivers, toppers, log splitters, power-type transport boxes in a range of sizes.
- He had two or three chain saws and even a log splitter hooked up to the back of his tractor.
2A person, especially a taxonomist, who attaches more importance to differences than to similarities in classification. Contrasted with lumper.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Charles Darwin divided taxonomists into lumpers and splitters.
- One sometimes sees the difference between splitters and lumpers presented as one of taste and personality.
- And sometimes both versions co-exist (as with the splitters and the lumpers) and are found in different text books.
Palabras que riman con splitterbitter, committer, critter, embitter, emitter, fitter, flitter, fritter, glitter, gritter, hitter, jitter, knitter, litter, permitter, pitta, quitter, remitter, sitter, skitter, slitter, spitter, submitter, titter, transmitter, twitter, witter
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: split|ter
Definición de splitter en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda