Definición de spot-fixing en inglés:
(In sport) the action or practice of dishonestly determining the outcome of a specific part of a match or game before it is played: some of them were allegedly involved in spot-fixing in the recently concluded Test match series [as modifier]: the latest spot-fixing allegations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What's interesting, though, is that the former head of the Pakistani Cricket Board says that he thinks spot fixing is prevalent everywhere in the game.
- At worst this is 'spot-fixing', not match-fixing; the couple of obvious no-balls did not affect the outcome of the match, an easy win for England.
- Owned by the man blamed for the no-ball furore, the Ryman League club could be the unlikely victims of the spot-fixing allegations
- spot-fix verbo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The NoTW alleged that the last test match at Lords was spot-fixed.
- There is no suggestion either player deliberately threw a game - the allegations suggested they may have 'spot-fixed' certain controllable elements of a match such as the amount of wides and no-balls bowled.
- A player looked on as the assistant manager and manager of Pakistan's cricket team read an article Sunday about spot-fixing games in London.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda