Definición de spot-fixing en inglés:
(In sport) the action or practice of dishonestly determining the outcome of a specific part of a match or game before it is played: some of them were allegedly involved in spot-fixing in the recently concluded Test match series [as modifier]: the latest spot-fixing allegations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For anyone who thought spot fixing was a bad dream that could be overcome with the suspension of three cricketers, think again.
- The International Cricket Council has set a January date for a hearing into spot-fixing charges against three Pakistan cricketers.
- Spot fixing has emerged as the latest threat to the integrity of cricket after the match-fixing scandal which rocked the game 10 years ago.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A player looked on as the assistant manager and manager of Pakistan's cricket team read an article Sunday about spot-fixing games in London.
- There is no suggestion either player deliberately threw a game - the allegations suggested they may have 'spot-fixed' certain controllable elements of a match such as the amount of wides and no-balls bowled.
- The NoTW alleged that the last test match at Lords was spot-fixed.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India