- Wrench or twist the ligaments of (an ankle, wrist, or other joint) violently so as to cause pain and swelling but not dislocation: he left in a wheelchair after spraining an ankleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In January she ‘fell’ down two flights of stairs, spraining her wrist and twisting an ankle.
- A mother-of-three has been awarded £1,000 in damages after spraining her wrist while lifting a bread tray at a York supermarket's in-store bakery.
- Would you put your mother in a home for the elderly after spraining her ankle?
sustantivoVolver al principio
- The result of spraining a joint: a compress for treating sprains and bruisesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Fishburne, too, suffered his fair share of sprains and bruises, although he said that ‘it comes with the territory’ when dealing with the action genre.
- Has she said what gave her the bruises or sprains?
- Acute injuries, such as a sudden sprain or muscle pull, seem to happen out of the blue.
early 17th century: of unknown origin.