Definición de sprightly en inglés:
adjetivo (sprightlier, sprightliest; spritelier, spriteliest)
(Especially of an old person) lively; full of energy: she was quite sprightly for her age
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Felicity, ‘a spunky, spritely girl growing up in Virginia in 1774,’ visits a local plantation where there are clearly slaves; the issue never arises.
- Brian followed and greeted Michelle quietly while smiling at his spritely sister.
- A sprightly woman wrings her hands as if flirtatiously sizing up a fellow resident at the nursing home.
lively, spry, energetic, active, full of life, full of energy, vigorous, spirited, animated, vivacious, playful, jaunty, perky, frisky, agile, nimble
informal chipper, sparkly, zippy, zappy, full of vim and vigour, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, full of beans
Northern English informal wick
- Example sentences
- ‘But I'm 18, that's how old I feel,’ he says - and there is, to be sure, a sprightliness about him still.
- If I was known for my sprightliness on the field, it was because I gave everything to be fit and healthy.
- Yet it was their sprightliness in attack, their urgency in scampering forward, that characterised the early exchanges at Rugby Park.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan