Definición de springboard en inglés:
1A strong, flexible board from which someone may jump in order to gain added impetus when performing a dive or a gymnastic movement.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Last night I was watching some rather odd ‘synchronised diving’, where two blokes jumped off a springboard at the same time and then were marked by a panel of judges.
- Without a warm up, or even adjusting the setting of the springboard, she ran down the runway and performed a Tsukhara, a vault that few women were capable of at the time.
- On her second vault, her right foot missed the springboard and she crashed into and over the vault.
1.1A thing that lends impetus or assistance to a particular action, enterprise, or development: an economic plan that may be the springboard for recovery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Innovative economies and societies place a high value on science, research, and creativity as springboards for growth and development.
- But dollar weakness should provide the springboard for an export-led recovery in US manufacturing in due course.
- The project will also act as a springboard for other initiatives that help to promote integration of non-nationals within the local community.
Palabras que riman con springboardstringboard
Definición de springboard en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán