Definición de springboard en inglés:
1A strong, flexible board from which someone may jump in order to gain added impetus when performing a dive or a gymnastic movement.
- Last night I was watching some rather odd ‘synchronised diving’, where two blokes jumped off a springboard at the same time and then were marked by a panel of judges.
- Without a warm up, or even adjusting the setting of the springboard, she ran down the runway and performed a Tsukhara, a vault that few women were capable of at the time.
- On her second vault, her right foot missed the springboard and she crashed into and over the vault.
1.1A thing that lends impetus or assistance to a particular action, enterprise, or development: an economic plan that may be the springboard for recovery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Innovative economies and societies place a high value on science, research, and creativity as springboards for growth and development.
- But dollar weakness should provide the springboard for an export-led recovery in US manufacturing in due course.
- The project will also act as a springboard for other initiatives that help to promote integration of non-nationals within the local community.
Words that rhyme with springboardstringboard
Definición de springboard en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan