Definición de spurn en inglés:
1Reject with disdain or contempt: he spoke gruffly, as if afraid that his invitation would be spurned
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In spurning the invitation by Government to discuss the matter, the union leaders have lost an opportunity to find an answer to their grievances without causing disruption to the system.
- Arun is a sensitive young man from the capital who spurns a comfortable inheritance and takes a job teaching in a rural elementary school, in the very heartland of the insurgency.
- Based on the French novella by Prosper Merimee and the popular opera by Georges Bizet, Carmen is the story of a fiery Spanish gypsy who spurns her obsessive soldier lover for a flashy bullfighter.
refuse, decline, say no to, reject, rebuff, scorn, turn down, turn away, repudiate, treat with contempt, disdain, look down one's nose at, despise;
informal turn one's nose up at, give someone the brush-off, tell someone where to get off, put down, freeze out, stiff-arm, kick in the teeth
British informal knock back
Australian informal snout
informal , dated give someone the go-by
sustantivoarchaic Volver al principio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But it is not only to the spurners of the Gospel that such verses are addressed.
- Indeed, the longer one looks at this week's fascinating list of the 300 spurners of official honours, the clearer it becomes that not all these refuseniks were motivated by the modesty or principle that the unwary among us may attribute to them.
Palabras que riman con spurnadjourn, astern, Berne, burn, churn, concern, discern, earn, fern, fohn, kern, learn, Lucerne, quern, Sauternes, stern, Sterne, tern, terne, Traherne, turn, urn, Verne, yearn
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India