- The squamous portion of the temporal bone, especially when this forms a separate bone which, in mammals, articulates with the lower jaw.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It may also articulate with various dermal bones of the roof or sides of the skull for support, normally the squamosal and parietal.
- In humans, the otic capsule has fused with the squamosal and various other odds and ends to form the temporal bone.
- In syanapsids, a secondary jaw joint develops between the surangular and the squamosal, which becomes the unique mammalian jaw articulation.
mid 19th century: from Latin squamosus (from squama 'scale') + -al.
Más definiciones de squamosalDefinición de squamosal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.