Definición de squamule en inglés:
sustantivoBotany & Zoology
A small scale.
- These squamules are dissected or incised, meaning the margins have lots of breaks and cuts into them.
- Typically C. ochrochlora has much larger almost undivided squamules while C. coniocraea has smaller finely dissected squamules.
- The ring is white, moderately thick, with verrucose white squamules on the margin of the lower surface.
mid 18th century: from Latin squamula, diminutive of squama 'scale'.
- Example sentences
- In foliose lichens, there is a second cortex below the medulla, but in crustose and squamulose lichens, the medulla is in direct contact with the underlying substrate, to which the lichen is attached.
- Lichens in the genus Cladonia have squamulose bases and often have fruticose fruiting structures called podetia.
- Neophyllis melacarpa is a squamulose lichen from the wet forests of southeast Australia and New Zealand which grows on rotting wood and tree trunk bases.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia