Definición de square dance en inglés:
A country dance of US origin that starts with four couples facing one another in a square, with the steps and movements shouted out by a caller.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She looked like she had just stepped out of a square dance, boots and all.
- We wanted to do a square dance too but we couldn't find a caller.
- Once a year, they close the place down and have a square dance in the main street.
verboVolver al principio
(square-dance) [no object] (often as noun square-dancing) Participate in a square dance: (as noun square-dancing) I learned square-dancing at the age of 68
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The traditional music of white Australia and ‘bush dancing,’ which has been described as similar to square-dancing without a caller, are also popular.
- It was an upbeat country song, and Zack was trying to teach Tanya how to square dance.
- The only thing the public school system taught me in junior high was how to square dance.
square dancer sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And this June they celebrate their 21st birthday with what promises to be one hell of a party with square dancers coming from all over Australia to help them dance the night away.
- The five described themselves as square dancers.
- There will be actors strolling among the crowds, square dancers, singers, mimes and someone creating balloon animals.
Palabras que riman con square dancenuance • tap-dance
Definición de square dance en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India