plural sustantivoBritish humorous
Eyes supposedly affected by excessive television viewing: he watched so much TV he’d got square eyes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And because my viewing time was rationed in case I got square eyes, TV was exotic.
- What with the NatWest one day matches between England and Australia and Bangladesh during the day, plus another Lions match, I finished the weekend with square eyes from watching too much TV.
- Expect me to soon have very square eyes - there's a LOT to watch!
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The day after the 1997 general election, square-eyed workers asked colleagues the question that would come to symbolise the Tory rout: ‘Were you still up for Portillo?’
- A week of square-eyed, sofa-ridden inertia passed by, and you began to wonder if there were not substantially more rewarding activities to pursue when compared to watching this stuff.
- Smith will be square-eyed by now from watching the video of that game
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda