- 1A platform or framework supporting a stack or rick.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Examples of the latter, where a timber-framed threshing barn was built on staddles rather than a plinth wall, are typically of late 18th- to early 19th-century date and survive on the downland farms of Hampshire, south Wiltshire, Berkshire and east Dorset.
- I've seen another instance of a rick built on staddles being drilled with holes.
- 1.1 (also staddle stone) A stone, especially one resembling a mushroom in shape, supporting a framework or rick.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr BW broke through it all when he gave me, for a Christmas present, a staddle stone.
- Would that one-of-a-kind statue, a Druid sundial or English staddle stone be just the finishing touch to complete your work of art?
- Wiltshire police are urging owners of staddle stones to postcode their property after a spate of thefts of the now desirable items throughout the Gazette's circulation area.
Old English stathol 'base, support', of Germanic origin; related to the verb stand.
Más definiciones de staddleDefinición de staddle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.