Definición de stagnate en inglés:
1(Of water or air) cease to flow or move; become stagnant.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pointed out was the fact that due to the closure of these sluice gates there was no flow of water, resulting in water stagnating in the khazan lands.
- ‘So every time it rains, water stagnates there, creating breeding grounds for mosquitoes carrying the malaria virus,’ he added.
- The still waters stagnate as discarded bottles float to the surface.
1.1Cease developing; become inactive or dull: teaching can easily stagnate into a set of routines (as adjective stagnating) stagnating consumer confidence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It does not require an Einstein to see that traffic does not flow it stagnates around Chippenham.
- Relationships have to keep moving forward or they stagnate and die.
- The exchange rate went up, and the economy stagnated for six years.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- New figures published today reveal that prices have risen sharply for the past three months in a row after almost a year of stagnation.
- Evidence of my general malaise and cultural stagnation is the fact that it took me six weeks to finish three books.
- A new drain was constructed for the Crocodile pond due to which there is no water stagnation at the place.
Mid 17th century: from Latin stagnat- 'settled as a still pool', from the verb stagnare, from stagnum 'pool'.
Palabras que riman con stagnateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda