1(Of water or air) cease to flow or move; become stagnant.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pointed out was the fact that due to the closure of these sluice gates there was no flow of water, resulting in water stagnating in the khazan lands.
- ‘So every time it rains, water stagnates there, creating breeding grounds for mosquitoes carrying the malaria virus,’ he added.
- The still waters stagnate as discarded bottles float to the surface.
1.1Cease developing; become inactive or dull: teaching can easily stagnate into a set of routines (as adjective stagnating) stagnating consumer confidence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It does not require an Einstein to see that traffic does not flow it stagnates around Chippenham.
- Relationships have to keep moving forward or they stagnate and die.
- The exchange rate went up, and the economy stagnated for six years.
Mid 17th century: from Latin stagnat- 'settled as a still pool', from the verb stagnare, from stagnum 'pool'.
Palabras que riman con stagnateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda