- 1A set of steps leading from one floor of a building to another, typically inside the building: he came up the stairsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When she approached the second floor stair landing she heard rock music coming from the last room down the hall.
- On her way down the stairs she felt inside her pocket to make sure she still had the keys.
- I closed the door behind me and took the stairs down to the ground floor of the dorm building.
- 1.1A single step in a set of stairs: the bottom stairMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I sat down on the stairs, petted Cleo, leafed through my stack of mail piled in a mound on the bottom stair.
- I stepped off the bottom stair and collapsed against the wall next to it, heaving a sigh of relief.
- She sits on the bottom stair, clutching the note in her hand - eyes unseeing through the tears suspended on their surface.
Old English stǣger, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch steiger 'scaffolding', from a base meaning 'climb'.
Más definiciones de stairDefinición de stair en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.