- 1A person who gambles money on the outcome of a game or race.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The staker finds himself in perpetual confusion as to how he arrives at picking his winning numbers.
- The staker has full control over how their cash is played.
- 2Canadian A person who makes a mining claim.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By the end of 1898 roughly 30,000 prospectors had gone barging into the Klondike region, which would give up more than $22 million of its golden booty in 1900 alone - $733.33 for every claim staker and sand sifter in the joint.
- To stake a claim, a staker must have a prospecting licence.
- On boundary posts write (preferably in pencil): the letters "BP"; the name of the claim; the name of the staker; and the time and date the post was located.