An upright bar, post, or frame forming a support or barrier.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is barely a scrap of bare metal on the stanchions, pillars, posts, railings, and decking ribs.
- The overhead power lines caused problems because stanchions supporting them were too far apart and cheap materials had been used.
- The massive stanchions that had supported the crane gantry rails in the past now support the new steel-framed structures.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French stanchon, from Old French estanchon, from estance 'a support', probably based on Latin stant- 'standing', from the verb stare.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Out of respect for the veterans, media are required to stay within the stanchioned area during the ceremony.
- Stanchioned cattle are very restless because their restraint limits their ability to lick or scratch.
- the main point of air springs is saving weight, and a 40mm stanchioned fork isn't going to pull that off too well.
Definición de stanchion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.