An upright bar, post, or frame forming a support or barrier.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is barely a scrap of bare metal on the stanchions, pillars, posts, railings, and decking ribs.
- The overhead power lines caused problems because stanchions supporting them were too far apart and cheap materials had been used.
- The massive stanchions that had supported the crane gantry rails in the past now support the new steel-framed structures.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Out of respect for the veterans, media are required to stay within the stanchioned area during the ceremony.
- Stanchioned cattle are very restless because their restraint limits their ability to lick or scratch.
- the main point of air springs is saving weight, and a 40mm stanchioned fork isn't going to pull that off too well.
Palabras que riman con stanchionexpansion, mansion, scansion
Definición de stanchion en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda