- A beetle of a family (Staphylinidae) that comprises the rove beetles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Significant differences were noted in 2 years for carabids and staphylinids and one year for spiders.
- Several taxa were reared for the first time, numerous new state records of staphylinids were made and experience was gained in rearing and maintaining beetles in laboratory settings.
- Such peculiarities in combination with great reproductive potential and other advanced features of holometabolous insects make staphylinids an evolutionarily very successful animal group.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Staphylinidae (plural), from the genus name Staphylinus, from Greek staphulinos, denoting a kind of insect.
Más definiciones de staphylinidDefinición de staphylinid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.