- An explosive projectile designed to burst in the air and light up an enemy’s position.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lightships would fire at regular intervals a star shell timed to explode at 6440 feet.
- The 81 mm was tested in the Caribbean and found to be much more effective in this role than the 3-inch gun firing star shells and could be fired at a higher rate.
- By 5.22 pm Scharnhorst was surrounded and illuminated by star shells as heavy guns and torpedoes pounded into her, setting her ablaze end to end.
Más definiciones de star shellDefinición de star shell en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.