sustantivo[mass noun] Law
- The legal principle of determining points in litigation according to precedent: a doctrine of stare decisis the impact of the case upon the stare decisisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There have been a lot of changes in common law theory and practice since the nineteenth century peak of legal construction, while stare decisis, notably, is not what it was.
- Its nature would, however, be changed if the principle of vertical stare decisis were to be accorded less deference.
- Rather than affirming plainly mistaken rulings in the name of stare decisis (the principle of respect for past precedent), the Court should reserve its deference for the Constitution itself.
Latin, literally 'stand by things decided'.
Más definiciones de stare decisisDefinición de stare decisis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.