sustantivo(usually starting blocks)
- A shaped rigid block for bracing the feet of a runner at the start of a race: they will take their mark on official Olympic starting blocks • figurative only six of a planned twenty hotels are off the starting blocks negotiations are not off the starting blocks yetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Charles Booth, inventor of the runner's starting blocks, and the oldest competitor in a class all of his own, at this week's World Masters Games.
- A Brentwood church and school are already on the starting blocks for the Olympic Games by hosting their own themed event.
- Businesses, meanwhile, have raced out of the starting blocks and become more forceful players in this recovery.
Más definiciones de starting blockDefinición de starting block en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.