verbo[with object and adverbial of place]
- Store (something) safely in a secret place: their wealth had been stashed away in Swiss banksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- American authorities have scaled back the estimates of how much treasure was looted from Iraq's National Museum after discovering that museum officials have been stashing items in secret vaults for at least 13 years.
- One of Clayton's later experiments with the resourceful jays involved observing how they behaved when stashing food in caches that might be robbed by other birds.
- A 50-year-old retired petty criminal has been jailed after stashing a pump-action shotgun for a ‘hit man’.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A secret store of something: the man grudgingly handed over a stash of notesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's no wonder that the way some people handle it is to have a stash of secret savings hidden from their partner as some kind of insurance.
- Blithe references are made to jet setting from one US city to the next, and accessing a stash of lucre in a secret Swiss bank account.
- A search of his home turned up a stash of replica guns, which investigators presumed were stored for use in framing suspects.
- 1.1A quantity of an illegal drug, especially one kept for personal use: one prisoner tried to swallow his stashMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She says he asked for marijuana, but she did not have any, and she dug into her illegal stash of crystal meth instead.
- It's not clear just how much Meth Smith had in her illegal stash, but presumably if police found even a small amount she could have been prosecuted.
- Drugs officers found a stash of illegal substances at his Thai girlfriend's home in the resort of Pattaya, 120 miles east of Bangkok, last year.
- 2 • dated A hiding place or hideout.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Susan Sontag went to see Philip Johnson, the New York architect, or rather she ‘moseyed along to his stash on Park’.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
sustantivoUS • informal
- A moustache.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sandy is a superannuated swinger, complete with stash, burns and a 17-year-old hippie on his arm.
1940s: shortened form.