- 1(In the US) the building where the legislature of a state meets.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They fear a genuinely popular movement against the policies of the extreme right far more than a Republican takeover of the state house.
- Not that mercy was a defining characteristic of Bush's six years in the Texas state house, when he put more prisoners to death than any other governor in modern US history.
- Everyone going into a state house, he asserted, ‘should understand that it is not a lifetime entitlement.’
- 2NZ A private house that is owned and let by the government.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lifestyle that Key's children enjoy at their prestigious private schools and in the various houses their parents own is far from Key's upbringing in a state house in Christ-church.
- And with 7000 Aucklanders on the waiting list, she wouldn't get near a state house of her own.
- Police acting on a tip-off from their counterparts in Tauranga converged on the former state house in Sedcole Street about 1am and smashed a window to gain entry.
Más definiciones de state houseDefinición de state house en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.