- A small organ of balance and orientation in some aquatic invertebrates, consisting of a sensory vesicle or cell containing statoliths. Also called otocyst.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, the association of statocysts with mechanoreceptors further suggests that these ancient sense organs are distantly related to the vertebrate ear, linking sight and sound.
- There are tiny sense organs called statocysts with which food can be detected, but otherwise no trace of eyes or other features normally associted with a head.
- Turbellarians sense their environment with statocysts, chemoreceptors, and photoreceptors.
Más definiciones de statocystDefinición de statocyst en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.