- Short in stature and built along sturdy lines, his fingers ended in lengthy claws and his canines glinted sharply.
- Hadn't a clue how to defend himself and despite his height and stature was the smallest person in the school.
- Colley has the height and physical stature to cause problems in any defence.
- The Sunday Herald's business section is growing in stature - and broadening its horizons.
- Manager Gerard Houllier believes Owen is growing in stature in more ways then one.
- My course was engrossing, and it was taught by lawyers and academics of stature and reputation.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin statura, from stare 'to stand'. The sense 'importance' dates from the mid 19th century.
Palabras que riman con staturecatcher, dacha, focaccia, garnacha, patcher, scratcher, snatcher, thatcher
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: stat|ure
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.