Definición de statute book en inglés:
1A book in which laws are written.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Consequently, compared to common law countries, civil law countries have weak judiciaries - and long statute books.
- For my part, I have seen those as issues of law which would be shown by reference to the statute books, rather than as issues to be included in the statement of facts.
- It does, of course, include many such rules and decisions and these can be found, paradigmatically, in statute books, judicial decisions and, of course, written constitutions.
1.1 (the statute book) A nation’s laws regarded collectively: the bill failed to reach the statute book
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But Mr Blair said he was confident the Government could get the ID cards legislation on the statute book and that it had public support despite concerns about civil liberties.
- The constitutional expert Vernon Bogdanor has, rightly, written: ‘There are few more absurd pieces of legislation on the statute book.’
- It would be comforting to think that as each new piece of tax legislation is added, efforts are made to ‘compact’ or reduce the legislation already on the statute book.
Definición de statute book en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India